CHRISTMAS IN PRAGUE: The Exhibition in Bethlehem Chapel Entices to Step into Fairy-tale World
Until 5th January, the traditional display of Nativity scenes will be accompanied by a show presenting items made by woodcarvers, singing of Christmas carols and Merkur little train.
Two Advent Matins in St. Vitus Cathedral to be Celebrated by Cardinal
Advent masses with traditional old Czech Rorate Coeli songs will be celebrated in St. Vitus Cathedral throughout Advent, i.e. between 2nd and 23rd December 2013; from Mondays to Fridays at 5:45 a.m. Prague Archbishop Cardinal Dominik Duka OP will celebrate...
Parking in Blue Zones during Festive Season
The upcoming festive season is also a time when people pay visits to their relatives. Individual city districts are therefore going to allow citizens to park in the central parts of Prague in blue residential zones.
CHRISTMAS IN PRAGUE: Markets on Old Town Square – Stop in Time
Like in previous years, tens of thousands of people came to admire the grand Christmas tree lighting ceremony.
- Exhibition: Petr Nikl Recaps at Municipal Library of Prague
- Olbram Zoubek Exhibition in Prague Castle
- Drtikol’s Exhibition Extended until January
- Next Year’s Exhibition: Benedictines in the Heart of Europe
- Saints Cyril and Methodius Exibition
- City Gallery Prague Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- Visit Cinderella and Others in Fairy-tale Ctěnice
- Gems of Art Nouveau Sparkle at Municipal House
- Oskar Kokoschka in Kinsky Palace Stables
- Vinohrady Theatre Attracts Audience with Familiar Faces
- New 2012/13 Season in Prague Chamber Ballet
- The Slav Epic in Prague
- Laboratory of Power on Vítkov
- Magic Potion Can Be Bought at Alchemist Workshop
- Karlín Attracts Actors as Well as Audiences
News from Prague
Public Transport Changes
In connection to the national changes in timetables, a few small changes will be introduced to Prague Integrated Transport as of Sunday 15th December 2013.
Owls Hooting Above Troja Hollow
Prague Zoo helps to reintroduce owls to the woodlands of Prague.
Advent on “Jiřák“ Farmer’s Market
The Bronze Advent Sunday on the “Jiřák” farmer’s market with live music was a great success. Now you can look forward to the Silver and Golden events that will be held in the course of the two following Sundays. The market is also open on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday.
Prague House of Photography
Prague City Gallery (PCG) opens exhibition space at Prague House of Photography (PHP). The first exhibition will be entitled Slovakian New Wave, the 1980’s. The curators of the exhibition are Tomáš Pospěch and Lucia L. Fišerová. The House of Photography opens to the public on 17th December 2013 at 10 a.m.
Through Expat's Eyes
As a relative newbie living in Prague for only three months, I’m still wide-eyed, bushy tailed and soaking everything in. In a swift generalisation, I have to admit that I’m still romancing about my new location and on going integration into my new surroundings.
Latest videos from Prague
- V Praze si na nový řidičák počkáte maximálně 15 minutJosef Mihalík, ředitel odboru dopravně správních činností MHMP / 12. prosince 2013 / www.praha.eu
- Pražský registr řidičů je otevřený denně, kdo nestihne nový průkaz, může 20 dní jezdit ještě s potvrJosef Mihalík, ředitel odboru dopravně správních činností MHMP / 12. prosince 2013 / www.praha.eu
- Otevření výukového polygonu MIEZ v dílnách Střední školy technické na Zeleném pruhu11. prosince 2014 / www.praha.eu
- Canisterapie v Nemocnici na Bulovce: Fanynka, první nastálo zaměstnaný pesNemocnice Na Bulovce / 9. prosince 2013 / www.praha.eu
- Pražský vánoční strom na Staroměstském náměstí