Easter Project in Prague City Museum
On the 9th April, Prague City Museum starts accompanying events on the theme of Easter, which can serve visitors as inspiration.
Golem in Štvanice
For the second time, Gustav Meyrink’s novel Golem comes to life in Štvanice. The first performance of this interactive theatre play took place in September 2013 and was a big success. This year’s Golem (11th – 20th April) is expected to be just as...
Prague in running for European Capital of Sport
In just two years the Czech Republic's largest city could become the European Capital of Sport. Prague representatives signed a Memorandum today confirming its support for all levels of sport as part of its candidacy. The city submitted its nomination papers...
BIKES ON TRAMS: You Can transport Bikes during Mornings and Before Noon
Trial operation aims to enhance city transport in the direction from the centre.
RNDr. Tomáš Hudeček Ph.D. (TOP 09) as a new Mayor of City of Prague.more...
- EXHIBITION: Film Wizard Tim Burton Tempts us to Visit his Horror World
- Forgotten Bohumil Reynek in Waldstein Riding School
- Festival of Light Signal Inspired Regions
- Unique Paintings by Jan Saudek in Malostranská Beseda
- Veletržní Palace – What We Did Not Know
- EXHIBITION: Czechoslovaks’ desire for the Adriatic sea.
- October Event to Put in Your Diary – Signal Festival
- Technical Museum Holds Numerous Exhibitions
- The Largest Open Air Festival to Return to Riverside
- Praga Cars on Display in Prague
- Next Year’s Exhibition: Benedictines in the Heart of Europe
- Gems of Art Nouveau Sparkle at Municipal House
- The Slav Epic in Prague
- Laboratory of Power on Vítkov
- Magic Potion Can Be Bought at Alchemist Workshop
- Karlín Attracts Actors as Well as Audiences
News from Prague
Metro Station Národní in Operation from July
Národní Třída metro station, which is closed due to construction work on Quadria (next to “My” shopping centre), is also undergoing extensive reconstruction and will reopen in a matter of weeks. The station is to be in operation again at the beginning of July.
Travellers Like Prague
One of the most visited travel websites, advizor.com, ranked Prague the fifth best travel destination in the world. It is preceded only by Istanbul, Rome, London and Peking. Even such attractive places as Marrakesh, Paris, Hanoi and Cambodian Siam Reap with Angkor temple as well as Shanghai trailed after the Czech metropolis.
Charity Run in Dark
Prague people can participate in the charity run for Světluška (firefly) in Stromovka for the third time. It is to be held on Tuesday 29th April and there will be a variety of participants showing support including runners with headlamps, blind runners, their guides, and even celebrities.
Kinský Palace Opened: The Cream of Asian and Ancient World
The National Gallery in Prague presents its new permanent exhibitions The Art of the Ancient World and The Art of Asia Kinský Palace, which was opened to public on 17th April 2014. On offer are the best artefacts from the collections of the National Gallery as well as other Czech institutions.
Latest videos from Prague
- Budoucnost Nákladového nádraží Žižkov vyřešenaTomáš Hudeček, primátor hlavního města / Žižkov, Praha 3 / 15. dubna 2014
- Městská policie Praha: Muž vykopl okno autobusu MHD
- Primátor Tomáš Hudeček na Ukrajině vystoupil na bezpečnostní konferenci a řešil fungování magistrátuTomáš Hudeček, primátor hlavního města / 14. dubna 2014 / www.praha.eu
- Velikonoční trhy na Staroměstském náměstído 27. dubna 2014 / www.praha.eu
- Petřínská rozhledna se rozzáří modře a žlutě: Praha slaví výročí vstupu do Evropské unieTomáš Hudeček, primátor hlavního města / tisková konference 1. dubna 2014 / www.praha.eu