Night of Churches is Approaching
On Friday 24th May, the doors to churches and chapels throughout the country will open to the public for the fourth Night of Churches. As usual, Prague also offers a wide programme of accompanying events.
WATER DAYS IN STROMOVKA: Prague is a City of Ponds, Streams and Rivers
The Lesy hl. m. Prahy (Forests of the City of Prague) company in cooperation with Prague City Hall prepared a two-day event DAYS OF WATER, alias Water for Life, that will be held on 4th and 5th June in Stromovka.
Prague Takes Part in “Cycle to Work!” Campaign
In May, the Czech Republic will look more like the Netherlands than a Central-European country, as 11 Bohemian and Moravian towns participate in the third edition of the “Cycle to Work” campaign. Thousands of employees will mount their bikes.
Discover Unknown Places of Czech Republic at Vyšehrad
From 11th May to 15th June, the 5th edition of the exhibition My Country – The Roads of Changes held at Vyšehrad presents places that have grown in beauty, places that we might not even have heard about and places that are worth visiting.
Good News Still Exists
Nearly two months ago, we entered a year that in all likelihood will not be easy.more...
- FESTIVAL: United Islands by Česká spořitelna is Going up Not Down!
- Interesting Exhibitions In Troja Chateau
- Golden Sixties Again, This Time It’s Hugo Demartini
- Mucha’s Posters Exhibited in Municipal House
- Vinohrady Theatre Attracts Audience with Familiar Faces
- New 2012/13 Season in Prague Chamber Ballet
- The Slav Epic in Prague
- Laboratory of Power on Vítkov
- Magic Potion Can Be Bought at Alchemist Workshop
- Karlín Attracts Actors as Well as Audiences
News from Prague
Kája Saudek’s Posters in Světozor
The most significant Czech comics creator Kája Saudek also entered the Czech filmmaking with his posters. You will surely remember film posters for Kdo chce zabít Jessii? (Who Wants to Kill Jessie, 1966) and Čtyři vraždy stačí, drahoušku (Four Murders are Enough, Darling, 1971).
Wheelchair Accessible Tram Stop at Botanical Garden
Botanická zahrada tram stop in Prague 2 has been recently be made wheelchair accessible, also in the direction of the city centre. This adjustment took place as part of the renovation works on Vyšehradská and Na Slupi streets.
Street for Art is Putting Down Roots
Street for Art Festival has created the Blackville Culture and Relaxation Park at Černý Most metro station.
ROPID and DPP Integrate Information System
Prague Public Transit Company (DPP) and ROPID integrate communication with the public. Passengers will thus obtain information in a more attractive and unified way. In addition, thanks to this measure, the City will save approximately one million CZK a year.
Through Expat's Eyes
Thorarinn Ingi Jonsson
Thorarinn Ingi Jonsson is a visual artist born and raised in Reykjavik, Iceland. He studied art at The Ontario College of Art and Design, The Icelandic Academy of Art and lastly at The Academy of Architecture, Art and Design in Prague.
Latest videos from Prague
- Tramvaj KT8D5 naposledy v PrazeFlorenc, 21. května 2013 / www.praha.eu
- Hudba v metru: Big Band VOŠ Konzervatoře Jaroslava Ježkastanice metra Můstek / 14. března 2013 / www.praha.eu
- Primátor: Omezením mých pravomocí bych se stal loutkouBohuslav Svoboda, primátor / tisková konference 14. května 2013 / www.praha.eu
- Nová křižovatka Patočkova-MyslbekovaPraha 6 / 30. dubna 2013 / www.praha.eu
- Výbuch plynu v Divadelní ulici