At the same time, the tariff includes some new types of tickets in connection with the new tariff zones 6 and 7.
Extension of the validity of Opencard
From Friday 1st June 2012, the validity of the card can be extended in the Opencard Customer Centres (Škodův palác and Palác Adria) free of charge. By 1st July 2012, passengers will be able to extend the card themselves by simply inserting it in a validator placed at metro stations.
For more information, visit www.opencard.cz.
Updated list of universities selling public transport tickets
From 1st June 2012, co-operation with the following universities continues:
- České vysoké učení technické v Praze (ČVUT)
- Univerzita Karlova v Praze (UK)
- Česká zemědělská univerzita v Praze (ČZU)
- Vysoká škola chemicko-technologická v Praze (VŠCHT)
- Akademie múzických umění
This means that cards issued by the above mentioned universities can continue to be used when buying seasonal tickets in paper form.
New types of multi-zone tickets
In relation with the new tariff zones 6 and 7 from 10th June 2012, there are some new types of Prague Integrated Transport tickets:
- Individual journey tickets
- Ticket for 10 zones for the basic price of 76 CZK (valid for 270 minutes)
- Ticket for 11 zones for the basic price of 84 CZK (valid for 300 minutes)
- Additional seasonal tickets
- Seven-zone monthly ticket for 1560 CZK, three-month ticket for 4200 CZK (basic prices)
- Eight-zone monthly ticket for 1780 CZK, three-month ticket for 4800 CZK (basic prices)
New tickets for individual journeys will be only available from ticket vending machines and from regional bus drivers. New additional seasonal tickets will only be available in electronic form on the Opencard or in paper form from the Czech Railway ticket offices.
Full integration of 070 railway line to Všetaty
From 1st June 2012, full integration has been extended to all trains of the S3 and R3 lines between Praha-Čakovice and Všetaty (i.e. the possibility to use the same PIT ticket for individual journeys). It is, therefore, possible to use both individual and seasonal PIT tickets on the 070 railway track from Prague to Všetaty. This, however, does not include SMS tickets).