At present, preparations are under way, to extend the airport with a new parallel runway, which will increase the capacity of arrivals and departures. For more information about the project, visit the Prague Airport website.
Basic information about the airport
The airport consists of three terminals. Terminals 1 and 2 are used for national and international flights, Terminal 3 is reserved for special airplanes, private airplanes, etc. For the map of the whole airport, click here.
If you need any information, you can make use of the airport’s non-stop telephone line no. +420 220 113 314 or + 420 220 113 321.
How to get to the city centre
To reach the city centre, located approximately 10 km from the airport, one can use both public transportation or taxi services. Both can be found in front of the arrival halls. There are three day-time and one night bus routes:
- Low floor buses no. 119, connecting the airport with the underground line A .
- Buses no. 100 to Zličín area, connecting the airport with underground line B . This route is also serviced by low-floor buses and is suitable for wheelchairs.
- Buses no. 179 to Nové Butovice, also connected with the underground line B .
Day-time buses start their operation around 5 a.m. and finish at about midnight. At night-time, the airport is served by buses no.510 with 30-minute intervals. The last night bus leaves at 4 a.m.. The night route goes across Prague 6 to the city centre and then to Modřany.
Fares and connection search
The application to search for a connection is accessible from here. Updated information on tariffs and prices is available at the Prague Public Transit Company website. The price of a 90-minute transfer ticket is 36 CZK (cca 1.5 Euro). Tickets are available from:
- ticket vending machines placed in front of the airport,
- Prague Public Transit Company information stalls in the arrivals halls in Terminals 1 and 2 (open daily from 7.00 to 22.00 h.),
- text message sent from your mobile phone.
Individual transportation is ensured by two taxi companies and one transport company. All of them have guaranteed fares put up at each taxi rank (this is the reason why using other companies is not recommended).
To get a quotation to a specific part of Prague or to carry out an on-line reservation, click here.
If you prefer renting a car, you can use the services of one of the car rental companies located in a separate hall on the ground floor of Parking C.